If you are tired of traditional dentures, have traumatically damaged teeth, or are missing teeth altogether and are looking for a convenient, long term solution, then implant supported dentures placed by Dr. Randy J. Greenberg in Wallingford, CT may be your solution!
Implant supported dentures are similar to the All-on-4™ procedure in all but one instance; they are removable. This method of implant dentistry even allows you the option to choose from two different attachment systems:
Three or more implants are surgically placed into the jaw bone with metal bars running along the gum line on which the dentures rest, attaching with metal clips.
Three or more implants are surgically placed into the jaw bone with balls that match up with the sockets on the dentures. This is often the most secure option for implant supported dentures.
We welcome you to contact Dr. Greenberg to discuss additional options for dental implants in Wallingford.
Not only can implant supported dentures boost your confidence, enhance your appearance, and improve your quality of life, they provide three main benefits that traditional dentures do not:
• eliminates rubbing
• will not loosen
Overview of the Procedure
• A consultation and examination is provided before the actual procedure.
• The patient is given a local anesthetic.
• Any existing teeth are removed.
• Three to four channels are shaped into the gums.
• Titanium implants are inserted into the channels and placed in the alveolar bone.
• Temporary dentures are cemented into place to protect the healing implant areas. These temporaries will need to be in place for up to six months.
• The temporary dentures are eventually replaced by permanent dentures, which can be easily removed for daily cleaning.
If you are looking for a stable, permanent alternative to traditional dentures, we can schedule your implant dentistry evaluation today. For dentures supported by dental implants in Wallingford, contact the office of Dr. Greenberg.