Patients often select the Teeth-in-a-Day procedure to rectify issues like severe periodontal disease (gum disease), traumatic oral injury, advanced gum recession, or loose teeth that cannot be saved and need to be extracted. Teeth-in-a-day is often a more convenient solution than traditional dentures and can provide greater stability.
This procedure has revolutionized implant dentistry technology by requiring only one visit for completion.
Am I a Good Candidate for Teeth-in-a-Day?
Before the procedure, patients must schedule a consultation with Dr. Randy J. Greenberg in Wallingford, CT. The consultation will include a thorough examination to ensure that you are an ideal candidate for implant dentistry. Dr. Greenberg will also review your general health and lifestyle habits.
To learn more about what to expect during your implant dentistry consultation, visit our dental implants consultation page here.
Overview of the Procedure
• A consultation and examination is given before the actual procedure.
• The patient is administered a local anesthetic.
• Unless the procedure is being performed for previously missing teeth, the teeth in the areas being treated are removed.
• The site is reshaped to make a channel for the implant.
• A titanium implant is inserted into the channel and surgically placed in the alveolar bone, which is the bone that contains tooth sockets.
• An abutment is placed over the exposed implant and is visible just above the gum line.
• A temporary dental crown is placed to protect the healing implant area. The temporary will need to be in place for up to six months.
• A permanent crown eventually replaces the temporary.
Contact Dr. Greenberg to schedule your consultation for dental implants in Wallingford.
Additional Implant Dentistry Options
• Implant supported dentures
• Individual dental implants
• Implant supported bridges
To learn more about implant dentistry in general, visit our dental implants about or 101 pages.
If you have a single missing tooth or even multiple missing teeth, you may be a candidate for implant dentistry. For dental implants in Wallingford and Teeth-in-a-Day, contact the office of Dr. Greenberg.